The benefits of studying in the Ireland
- Ireland has one of the best education systems in Europe.
- The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
- Irish higher education institutions are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines.
- Ireland's emerald landscape and its people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland.
- Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland.
- Also Ireland's landscape provides a rich environment for the many outdoor leisure pursuits for which it is famous.
The Irish Government invests over 782 million annually in research in Ireland's higher education institutions. The impact of this funding is that Ireland's higher education institutions now lead the world in an increasing number of fields.
The Irish education system is one of the best in Europe (ranked among the top 20 for its higher education system by the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook in 2014.) It has close links to industry and is characterised by creativity, flexibility, and pragmatism. Education has been a key factor in making Ireland one of the fastest growing economies in the world over the past decade.
How safe is Ireland for Indian students?
Ireland has a reputation for being a safe and welcoming country to live in and is ranked 12th in the 2009 Global Peace Index. 'Lonely Planet' has voted it as the friendliest country in the world (2008 and 2010). Irish people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland. We are renowned for our friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland. We are naturally curious and genuinely interested in others. A strong sense of community abounds everywhere in the country.
How do you see Ireland as a study destination five years down the line?
Ireland will continue to be a centre of excellence for education and over the next few years, we hope to see more Indians experiencing and enjoying what Ireland has to offer. There will be a far greater number of educational exchanges between Indian and Irish universities and a greatly enhanced level of cooperation in the area of science and technology.
Top Universities of Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin (TCD)
- University College Dublin (UCD)
- NUI Galway
- University College Cork (UCC)
- Dublin City University (DCU)
- University of Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT)
- Technological University Dublin
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland